Duxbury Hall was a magnificent early 18th Century manor house set into generous grounds and was the former home of Lord and Lady Shaw of Northstead for over 60 years. We undertook a full restoration of the home for the new owners to produce a modern family home ready for the 21st Century.
This was a totally rebuilt property to current building standards which mirrored the original features of the out building that stood in the same location before. The attention to detail allowed for the reuse of the existing bricks and stone slates, with new timber windows and aluminium doors and screens. The internals were finished to the buyers requirements
Duxbury Hall and Cottage are beautifully located, whatever your personal requirements:
• Within easy reach of major towns and cities – Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Halifax and Wakefield all within 10 miles radius.
• Good public transport links and easy access to the motorway network via the M62.
• Manchester and Leeds-Bradford airports both less than an hour’s drive away.
• A good selection of nurseries and schools in the area.
• There are plenty of good restaurants and pubs just a short walk away and the highly recommended Gray Ox gastropub is in nearby Hartshead.
• For your leisure time, local amenities are excellent.
• Or travel further afield to visit The Hepworth Wakefield (winner of Museum of the Year- the world’s biggest museum award), Yorkshire Sculpture Park, or Xscape leisure complex.
• … and don’t forget just how close the Yorkshire Dales, The Pennines and The Peak District are for your enjoyment!